Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Bee Monday !

Well, I had my surgical consult today with all three Doctors. I had my Psychiatric Evaluation, Internal doctor, and met with the surgeon. What a day ! I am watching my godchildren this week, so this is how our day went:

Mike and I woke up at 6:45- Jumped in the shower first , then woke up the kids . Isaiah took the longest shower ever and Mike had to get him out. As I finished getting Izzy ready and Isaiah ready Mike went to get Donuts for breakfast since we were running out of time cause Isaiah had to be at school at 8:30. Izzy did not have school today so she was going to be hanging with Nino and Nina all day at the doctors.

After dropping off Iya, we headed for San Diego , my first Appt was at 11:00 and that was my psych evaluation. She asked me a bunch of questions about me and my family. Izzy and Mike had to wait outside cause the Dr. worked from her home and there was no waiting area. I was done by 11:15. As I walked out Izzy said " All done with the head Doctor" , I turned to Mike and he was laughing. I guess Izzy asked what I was there for and he told her I had three appointments, one for my head, one for my arm and one for my leg. So counted each appointment we went to.

Next stop Mcdonalds: Since we had some down time we took Izzy to good ol Micky D's and we ate and went back to my appointment at 12:45. Izzy was writing in a journal the whole time and making up stories. She was very entertained. Internist did an EKG and made sure my heart was okay, asked me a million questions and then cleared me for surgery !! Yes two down, one more to go !! I was done early and we still had two hours to go, so we went to the Mall !
We went to Old Navy and got Izzy some sandals and then we went to Borders and Izzy read some books, by this time it was already 2:30.

Last Appointment: Dr. Rumsey is the name of my surgeon. He is a nice man , but he looked very tired or very stoned . He went over the procedure with me and did an examination. He said I was a great canadate for the surgery and he wants me to switch to protein shakes in the morning and lunch. I had a list of questions for him and he answered all of them, which included how soon can I get pregnant? He told me 6 months it is safe, but I was told 12 months is safe, I want to wait at least the 12 so my body adjust. Izzy did soo well in that appointment that she got two suckers. Mike and Izzy were so tired, as soon as we got in the car, they were out. So I had a lot of time to think about today. I was just praying and asking God to continue to guide me through this cause I was so nervous still. I know that this is a life changing experience, but I want to make sure that I am making a right decision with God in it. I know He has opened every door for me so far, from the classes to my job, to everything and I don't want to forget that.

Next stop Picking up Isaiah: We had to pick up Isaiah from his grandma house then we went to eat Taco Bell. We got home at 7:30 and I took Izzy a bath and changed her and headed to practice for Worship Out which went to 11:00.
Boy am I wiped out today !! What a fun filled crazy day ! I am so thankful that my husband was there to support me today. Tomorrow is a new day !

No comments:

Post a Comment