Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 3 in the hospital

Hi,
Well today is Day 3 and I am feeling better and stronger day by day. Today I started my day with Apple Juice. Boy was it good ! I feel great and I am very excited to go home tomorrow ! My lip is getting better and I am starting to look healthy again. Went to my exercise class again and did more excersises. Most of the day today, Mike and I played Mario cart and walked and hung out in the lobby area. I had some cranberry juice too, nice and cold and good.
My nurse today is Susan, she is young hip Asian chick and was very cool. She popped in every hour or so to check on me. I feel great!

Midafternoon-
Mike and I were playing Play Nine, and of course I was winning. By this time in the day, I developed diaraherra. Which help releve my gas as well. So I was going quite often. After the game I told Mike" Turn the air down it is getting Cold" cause of course it was like an icebox in my room. Then I put on a robe, and I thought well I am kind of tired, I am going to take a nap. I told Mike, I feel like I am getting a fever. He said no your probobly just tired. So I laid down with a blanket. Meantime, the nurse came in and I told her how I was feeling and she said, you don't want to get a fever cause if you do, there is only one way to get it down. At first I had no idea what she was talking about. So I went back to sleep and later she woke me up to take my temp:
99.9- Not to bad, let's just watch it. After an hour or so, and another blanket added, cause I just could not get warm, she came in again to take my temp: 100.9. Oh no! She said now she would have to call the Doctor and let him know.
I am thinking Great, I what in the world? why do I have a fever?? I had no pain, I was doing great and then BAM, a fever. Well about 7:30pm she came back with the tylenol, and guess what folks?? I could not take it orally or through the IV, yes, yes I had to take it the other way, like a baby ! Mike was there and I was so cold, at that point I did not care. He was laughing at my face and the nurses comments. So she said: Try to keep it in there as long as you can. So I did, I just went back to sleep.

Nightshift- I woke up about 9 and they took my temp again, 102.4 and climbing! I told Mike, call your Mom, tell her to start praying. Mike prayed for me, then called his Mom. I did not want to worry anyone, but at this point I was scared. All I could sing in my head was, "Your my healer, your my provider, I will not fear, I will not fear." I don't even know what song that was or if I made it up but I was comforted. The nurse said: You need to get out of your sauna, which was my bed, since I was freezing, I had the heater on, blankets, socks and a robe. She said" I can not give you any tylenol until 11:30" I looked at the clock and it said 9:30, "so," She said" I am going to bring you some Ice packs and you need to cool yourself down" She also brought a popcicle which helped a bit. It seemed like the longest night ever ! I was freezing already and she put ice all over me. Meantime, a chest xray was ordered to make sure I did not have phneomonia.
12 o'clock came along, she gave me another doze or tylenol and toradol which helps with inflamartion. Back to bed , with icepacks and a fever. Around 4 in the morning, I started to sweat , bad ! Yeah !!! My fever was finally breaking ! Thank you Lord ! and just like that it was gone !

No comments:

Post a Comment