Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 5 in the hospital

Doctor came in very early this morning and said that I should be going home today since I had no fever the night before and that he did not think I had Cdiff but had to wait for results before I go home. Okay I said and went back to sleep. Michael since he was up stayed up and got ready, he packed up the bags and blankets and everything. When I finally woke up I was alone and thought did he go home??
Surely he didn't he was just letting me sleep:) My day nurse came in and she just rubbed me the wrong way. If anyone watches Grey's Anatomy, there is a Doctor on there that is like overly happy, like really happy, sunshine, well that is how my nurse was Fake! She came in all suited up since I was on isolation and she had all these meds and I said " am I going home today?" She said" No", I said, " why not" she said " cause i have no orders and it is best you stay" HUH???? I was so mad and so confused ! First the doctor says yes, I can now this crazy happy nurse is saying NO??? So calmly, I said" well the doctor told me I was going home today, can we find out and maybe page him?" She said " oh no honey, he has many patients other than you and I will not page him , we will wait" Okay, this time I was crying, I just want to go home, I hate the bed, I hate the hospital, and I want to go home. Mike said I need to be nice, so I took a shower and waited, and waited, and waited. I told Mike, I don't think I am going home today and he said I don't think so either. Then, the Doctor came, he said I was cleared to go !! Yeah !!!! I am going home !!
Since Mike had already packed there was not much to pack so we did that and we left !

Ride home:
Ride home was a bit rough, I had to stop since I still had diaerrea. On the last stop, the battery died on the car. So here I am in half hospital gown and Mike says, " Jess you are going to have to steeer." I have orders to not drive for 2 weeks, so I said" ok". Thank the Lord there was a man there to help Mike out push the car so he could pop the clutch.

Home Sweet Home ! Nothing like it ! I love being home. Weighed my self and I am down 5 llbs since Monday . Can't wait to sleep in my bed !

No comments:

Post a Comment