Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 4 in Hospital

Doctor came in very early this morning and said that since I had a fever I will not be going home today, but my chest xray came out good and I have no fluid in my lungs. He said he was going to order a CT scan and more blood work to see what is going on. Okay I said and went back to sleep.
9:00am - I am up and want to shower so bad. I feel like I smell from the sweating. I can not shower yet cause I need to do CT Scan. They take me down and tell me I have to drink 60 cc which is 2 oz, I laugh and say, I will try. What I was really thinking was " HELLO!! I just had surgery, I can not even drinking 1 Oz.
So, I got there another problem my IV which I was on my third one by the way, was too small for the CT, so they had to give me another one. AHHHH !! Come on, the night before that I had trouble with my IV, and they had trouble finding my veins, 7 poke attempts. So I was scared I would have to be poked again 7 times, thank goodness he found one. He was great too, he knew I was scared. So into the CT I go. Once I got back to room, I showered and was watching TV and it said Farah Faucett Died. How sad !

Midafternoon: On with the day, I was a little down, cause I had no idea what was wrong with me. Doctor came in and said CT was clear and I had no leaks and no blood clots ! Amen ! I am cleared ! So it is a mystery why I got a fever.

3:00 - I went on FB to update and what !! Michael Jackson Died !!! No way, what is up with all these celebrities dying ! I quickly flip the news on and sure enough. Unbelievable ! The king of pop is gone, just like that ! The rest of my day consumed of watching the True Hollywood story of Michael Jackson and MJ news and MJ this and MJ that ! Still no return of the fever and if all else is good through the night, I can go home tomorrow.

5:00- Carrie my nurse is really cool, she came in to let me know bad news! The said" I don't want you to get weirded out, but they want to test for Cdiff", I said " what is that" She said " "since you have had diarrhea , we need to test to make sure it is not bacteria from the antibiotics, but from the time we test, we have to put a contamination cart" I was laughing, so now I am quarantined?? She said "no, just don't go through the hall and spread your poop" We both laughed !! I said if I have this can I still go home tomorrow? and she said yes, but I don't think you have it and if you do it is treatable with antibiotics. Ok, so now I am worried I got this thing, well no need to worry. Finished the day playing cards with Mike and my nurse was leaving her shift, she said to stop in a few months, and I said okay, I said, I hope you will remember me, I am the one who was with you when Michael Jackson died ! Off to bed! I can only hope I go home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment