Monday, June 22, 2009

Operation day !

Well I have to be in San Diego by 8:30, my surgery time is 10:30. Mike wants to leave early so we could beat the traffic. We left at 5:15 and met Tim and Angie off the fwy so they could follow us. As we were leaving Escondido area, we got a call from the hospital. They said they were waiting for us cause I was scheduled for surgery at 7:30. HUH??? All my paper work says 10:30am, thank goodness we left early. We got there at around 7:25 and I had no time at all to think. The nurse automatically took me in and I soon as I knew it I had 5 people around me asking me 100 things and dressing me, putting in Iv's and so on. I had absolutely no time at all to get nervous. God's timing let me tell you. As soon as I was set up, they called Mike in to say goodbye and I was off just like that.

Recovery:
From what I remember, I was very groggy but I remember there was a nurse by my side every moment of my recovery. I was in and out of it, but I do remember that. Once I was able to sit up and blow into the lung machine, they took me up to a room on the 7th Floor . Once I was there, everyone came up. My mom and Dad, Michael, Henry and Liv, Becky and Sil and baby Dom, Angie and Tim. It was nice, however I can not remember much. What I remember is that I had a fat lip when I woke up from surgery. I don't know why or how, but I believe I bit myself. I seemed to be functioning well and everyone went home.

Evening Approaches:
As the night came they wanted me to get out of bed and walk at least one time. I tried to get up a few times and felt nausea and decided to wait. Mean time I kept saying I am going to throw up, and there was Michael and the nurse holding me, Man did that hurt! My abdomen was in pain and here I am dry heaving trying to throw up. Finally Mike said I did a "gunshot wound" cough and there it was , unfortunately, I threw up blood, not new blood but old blood. I was crying and telling him and the nurse I was so sorry. They both were awesome and my nurse was the best. She was truly awesome. I could have nothing to eat or drink that whole day so I was soo thirsty. Finally asleep . Thank you Lord for keeping my safe !

No comments:

Post a Comment