Monday, July 27, 2009

Shrimp Ceviche

Okay so I tried the Shrimp ceviche from my Before and After book and it was a hit! I made it twice this weekend. Very good, tasty and healthy .

Items Needed:
Salt and Pepper
Juice of 4 limes ( about 3/4 cup) plus 1 lime cut into wedges ( I bought lime juice in bottle)
1 1/4 pound of shrimp ( medium) peeled and deveined
3 Ripe roma tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion ( I used half of a large onion) finely diced
1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and very finely minced
1/2 cup green olive pieces
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablesoon ketchup
Tabasco to taste ( I used about 2 table spoons)
1 small ripe hass avocado, diced

Fill a large saucepan halfway with water ; add 1 tablespoon of salt and juice and rind of a lime.
( about 1 1/2 tablespoon of juice) and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp and remove from the heat, and poach for 90 seconds. ( you will see the color change) Drain the shrimp and then immediately rinse with cool water. Place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, olives, cilantro, olive oil, ketchup, lime juice, and tabasco and combine to blend. Season with Salt and pepper. Chill before serving and add diced avocado.

Serve with Chips or baked tortilla strips. Very good and tasty !! Nice summer treat !

1 comment:

  1. oooh, that was way too good to be good for me! Thanks for sharing, I will be on my way to get the ingredients to make it and enjoy it all by myself... okay, I'll share! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete