Thursday, September 24, 2009

Motivation where does it come from ?

So last night I tried very hard to convince Mike for us to skip the bike ride. I have just had a very weird and challenging week and feel a bit discouraged. It is not just my weight, it is other things in life. He said no, we are going anyways, so off we went to the beach with no motivation in hand !
We got there and I brought my ipod to help push me along this time and let me tell you.... it worked. I forget the power of music. The power that it has on us to help us move, clean the house, worship, pray, and excersise. See when our brain is concentrating on music, it does not pay attentiont to what your body is doing. So I got thru the 5.5 miles in 23 mins! That is a record for me. On the way back for the remainder of the 11 miles, Mike and I rode and talked together. It was nice, and yes although I had no motivation, I still completed the 11 miles for the day!! Yeah.
It is not by my strength, but by HIS alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment