Saturday, September 26, 2009

25 MIles and So much Emotion !





Well today was a huge accomplishment for me. Today we not only rode the trail to Huntington Beach from Anaheim, we also rode it all the way back. 25 Miles !! I have to say on the way to Huntington it was easy and half way back to Anaheim it was fine. Then I hit the 20 mile mark and I could not do it anymore. I was literally crying and filled with so much emotion. One because I had already gone 20 miles and for me to give up now would be a let down for me and two I only had 5 miles left and wanted to finish so badly. So I was overwhelmed with Emotion. Mike was literally pushing me up the hills as I was crying. Then I stopped crying and pushed. By this time I only had 3 miles left and I was not about to quit with 3 miles left. On the last mile Mike went ahead and I pushed on my own. Man I was battling leg pain and my mind was saying stop, stop.. But I kept going ! As soon as I came across the bend, there it was... The Angel Sign ( literally)


I was so happy to see that sign, I again started crying. ( What a baby I am). I made it !! I was so happy now I had tears of JOY !! Body ache and all I was very happy. Came home and made egg salad sandwich and now I will enjoy the rest of the day. Yeah I did it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment