Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to the real world


Well I just got back from traveling to New Mexico to see my family. I have to say that I had a bit of a hard time. Let me explain. First I did take my protein drink with me because I knew I would need to still drink it. So I tried to have that everyday. Secondly it was very very hard to not snack. For some reason when you are traveling you want to eat. So I had nuts, protein bars and jerky to snack on at all times. The other thing was I did not have a scale. I was a little paranoid cause I weigh myself daily which I am not supposed to do, but it keeps me on track. So, I was scared cause I went 5 days without a scale and no bike riding. We did walk around alot, so I did get some excersise in. The baby shower was a little tough, but I stuck to the cold cuts and beans, and yes I had 4 chips and salsa, which I felt very guilty about, but I did eat anyways. I think I did better with the cake then I thought I would. Being around sweets is hard at times cause I was so used to eating and eating that I never enjoyed what I was eating. So Mike had a piece of cake and I have 1 bite, just 1. It was really good, I did not feel guilty, but I really really enjoyed it. We got home and the first thing I did was jump on the scale and sure enough, I lost 3 lbs. I am offically now at 53lbs down ! My current weight is 199. I have not been under 200 pounds since I was 21. I feel really great and I am going to just keep on one day at a time !

No comments:

Post a Comment