Monday, August 3, 2009

Traveling with the Band

Well I survived the Tour of Central Cal. Let me explain. I am in a Band and we went to Central California to minister at different churches. I tried my hardest to prepare my self for what was to come. The hardest thing for me was the car ride. What do we do in the car on long trips?? EAT!!! So, what I did was pack myself little snacks, protein drinks, lunch meat, string cheese and yogurts. I only ate when I was hungry and if we went to fast food, I ordered a side salad and since I packed Tuna, I had that over it! I think I did very well. I planned ahead and for the worse which helped because if I hadn't then I would have eaten things I should not have. I did not get sick once and I still feel great. The best thing to do is be prepared, have a back up plan. A few times I needed my back up plans. There were times that we did not have time to eat, so I had a protein drink and had some tuna. Since I packed ahead I took myself some sugar free cookies just in case I needed one, and they helped and they were good. So I still ate and did not feel deprived since I was not snacking. Another life saver is JU JU Jerky! It is Turkey Jerky . Very soft and tasty and high, high protein !! I only found at Albertsons, but very very good !!

Got home from the Tour and first thing I did was weigh my self and I was down ! So I at 34lbs now. !

No comments:

Post a Comment