Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 MILES!!

All I can say is WOW !!! I never in a million years, or even ever would have thought that I would become a runner.  Today I ran 4 miles NON Stop!!! I was so overwhelmed with Joy, peace, joy and joy again!! At first when I started running I could do a mile non stop which was a lot for me but Mike and I did it together. Then I told the Garrisons that one of my goals was to do the marathon next year and so the training was on. Angie has come over and we are running 2 miles. Today I went for my run to do 2 miles. My mind set was to do 2 miles and get thru that. As I was coming around the bend, I had a song on and I thought to myself ... " Self, you can just keep running till the song ends." So I did, then I got to the end of the street and said " self, you can run till the end of the next street cause it is down hill", then as soon as I knew it I was coming up on the half way to the 4 miles, so I kept going. As I was coming to Stater Bros which is about 1/4 mile to the 4 miles, I was just pushing to not stop.. I kept praying and singing praise songs that were on my ipod and pushing to get thru to the end of the street which would complete my 4 miles!!! I was so overwhelmed!! Wow I actually did 4 miles of non stop running!  When I stopped I had to walk cause my legs were burning and I wanted to catch my breath cause I did not want to pass out in front of the car waiting for me to cross the street . As I walked home the rest of the way I was just thanking God for this miracle in my life. The miracle of a new life, the joy that comes with it . The changes in my life have been a little tough but my God has made it so much easier for me. Yes, it was challenging and mental to keep my feet moving and to reach my goal, but I did not stop. I pressed on and kept saying , Lord help me thru, help me push thru cause it is by your strength only. ... And He did!!

So now my new goal is to be at 6 miles by the end of June. When I finished running I thought I could actually probably keep going but I did not want to kill my body . The rest of the day I was on a high that I can not explain. A high on my accomplishment, a high on the fact that I reached my goal early and that I now have a new one. A high that I can actually run!! Run and not be tired!! As the song that I was listening to at the home stretch was saying... " All things are possible for you, all Things are possible, nothings to difficult for you. I 'm ready for change, ready for rain, ready for favor, I know your Able.. to Turn it around" And that is what He has done, he has turned my life around and given me strength that I never thought I could have. I am truly blessed for this miracle of Life God has given me. I feel like a teenager again:) So with that said..... Go for your goals, even if they are small. They are small now but that is where you have to start. My goal was to run a mile and I hit that, then 2 and so on... My next goal is a 12 mile marathon in September... if I can do that, I can do 26 !!

oh yeah .. my body is feeling ... well sore!!! LOL/.. I know it will not be thanking me in the morning , but I shall press on and do 2 miles tomorrow, then if I can walk on Friday, I will do 4 again .

No comments:

Post a Comment